Environmental Specialist III
4 days left
- Salary Type
- Responsible for providing the support necessary to ensure that assigned facilities and company operations are in compliance with federal, state and local environmental/safety laws and regulations in addition to corporate EHS policies and procedures.
- Expertise may be required in the areas of air, water, waste and/or hazardous materials and some health and safety.
- Works under very general direction.
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Serves as an environmental subject matter expert and provides specialized technical expertise and judgment to resolve moderately complex environmental issues.
- Leads/conducts investigations which include analyzing and interpreting trends and prepares technical documents on results.
- Leads/conducts trend analyses, incident investigations and site audits for assigned function.
- Prepares and submits permit applications and renewals.
- Evaluates and reviews proposed and existing codes, standards, regulations and guidelines to determine the impact on company programs and facility operations and comments to regulatory authorities.
- Maintains current knowledge on environmental laws and regulations and a working knowledge on the scientific and technical aspects of regulatory requirements and how they may impact company operations.
- May act as a lead person or lead technical expert and provide direction to less experienced personnel working on small to medium-sized initiatives