4 days left
- Salary Type
This position is a Administrative Officer, GS- 0341-7/9 working in Hadley, Massachusetts for the R5-White Sulphur Springs National Fish Hatchery.
This position is also open to status candidates under announcement R5-21-11019460-RR-MP. You must apply to each announcement separately if you wish to be considered under both recruitment methods.
As a Administrative Officer your duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as the focal point for each complex for all tasks and activities dealing with budget formulation, budget execution, analysis and tracking, and end-of-year closeout; provide advice and guidance to Complex Manager and Project Leaders in the complex in budget and finance areas.
- Personally perform or direct the acquisition of necessary supplies, equipment, and labor to meet Complex and station needs; ensure that purchases are in accordance with Federal procurement regulations and within delegated authority.
- Serve as primary administrative resource on administrative issues for station managers and staff in the Complex; responsible for research and development of options, alternatives, and solutions in order to address both continuing and/or one-time issues and problems; provide advice and guidance to supervisors and employees on regulations, policies, and procedures related to human resources management; coordinate with and provide administrative support to the Northeast Region Fish and Aquatic Conservation Program and other stations in the region, as needed.
- Serve as day-to-day supervisor for a small group of administrative support personnel in the Complex. Responsible for preparing administrative policy, coordinating administrative work procedures, and prioritizing office management practices to subordinate staff of clerical and/or administrative workers.
Occasional travel - For training, conferences, and/or meetings.
Job family (Series)
0341 Administrative Officer
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply)
- Suitability for employment, as determined by background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license for the duration of appointment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS GS-07:
- A) Possess one year of specialized experience that is equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-05) in the Federal service, interpreting and utilizing rules, regulations, methods, procedures, and practices associated with a variety of administrative areas including budget, finance, and procurement; relating office operations to the office budget; assisting with performing budget analyses; assisting with database management; utilizing computer software applications; communicating with a variety of personnel; OR
- B) Possess one full academic year of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Master's Degree or Master's equivalent graduate degree with major study related to the position being filled. One year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school has determined to represent 1 year of full time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours is considered as satisfying the 1 year of study requirement; OR
- C) Possess a combination of education and experience described above. Education must include courses directly related to the work of the position; OR
- D) Possess superior academic achievement. Completed all the requirements for a bachelor's degree and meet one of the following: (i) 3.0 average (on a scale of 4.0) based on the average of all completed college courses at the time of application or courses completed during the final 2 years of undergraduate curriculum; or (ii) 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on the average of all completed courses in a major field of study at the time of application or all such courses completed in the final 2 years of the undergraduate curriculum; or (iii) Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society. Note: To qualify for Superior Academic Achievement based on grade point average no more than 10% of course work may be graded on a pass/fail or non-traditional grade basis.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS GS-09:
- A) Possess at least one year of specialized experience that was equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-07) in the Federal service, interpreting, analyzing and applying rules, regulations, methods, procedures and practices associated with a wide variety of administrative areas including budget, finance, contracting and procurement, and human resources management; relating field office operations to the field office budget and perform budget analysis tasks, including cost and trend analyses, and leave vs. buy analyses; addressing and resolving a variety of administrative matters and issues that arise; utilizing computers, software and hardware, and performing database management; communicating effectively with a variety of personnel; OR
- B) Possess two full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Master's degree or a Master's equivalent degree with the major study in a field related to this position. One year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours the school has determined to represent 1 year of full time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours is considered as satisfying the 1 year of study requirement; OR
- C) Possess a combination of education and experience described above. Education must include courses directly related to the work of the position.
PROOF OF EDUCATION: All applicants who are using education or a combination of education and experience to qualify must submit copies of official or unofficial transcripts which include grades, credit hours earned, major(s) and grade point average or class ranking. If any required coursework is not easily recognizable on transcripts, or if you believe a portion of a particular course can be credited toward meeting an educational requirement, you must also provide a memorandum on letterhead from the institution's registrar, dean, or other appropriate official stating the percentage of the course that should be considered to meet the requirement and the equivalent number of units. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable; however, if you are selected for the position, you will be required to produce the original official transcripts.
PASS/FAIL COURSES: If more than 10 percent of your undergraduate course work (credit hours) were taken on a pass/fail basis, your claim of superior academic achievement must be based upon class standing or membership in an honor society.
GRADUATE EDUCATION: One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Telework:This position is not suitable for telework.
Additional Vacancies: One or more positions may be filled from applications received under this announcement in the advertised office or other U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service offices in the local commuting area.
Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP):Department of Interior (DOI) Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) procedures apply in filling this vacancy. CTAP/ICTAP provides placement assistance to permanent Federal employees who are surplus, displaced, or involuntarily separated. Applicants claiming CTAP/ICTAP eligibility must submit a copy of their most recent performance appraisal, proof of eligibility, and most current SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location with their application. To be considered under CTAP/ICTAP, applicants must be well-qualified (i.e., meet the minimum qualification requirements, including any selective placement factors; education, and experience requirements), score at least 85 on the assessment questionnaire, and be able to perform the duties of the position upon entry. For information on CTAP and ICTAP click here
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on how well you meet the qualifications listed in this vacancy announcement. Your qualifications will be evaluated based on your application materials (e.g., resume, supporting documents), the responses you provide on the application questionnaire, and the result of the online assessments required for this position. You will be assessed on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics):
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to effectively communicate office procedures.
- Knowledge of administrative programs to provide oversight.
- Knowledge of budget execution and financial processes.
- Knowledge of federal and agency procurement and purchasing rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
Overstating your qualifications and/or experience in your application materials or application questionnaire may result in your removal from consideration. Cheating on the online assessment may also result in your removal from consideration. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
All qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. The category ratings for this position are: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified
The category rating process protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category. Veterans' preference eligibles who meet the qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent will be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-09 level or higher).
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate Risk
Trust determination process
You must submit a complete application package. We will not make assumptions about your experience and/or education.
Resume: You are highly encouraged to use USAJOBS Resume Builder to ensure all required information is included in your Resume. If you use your own resume, curriculum vitae, or any other written form you choose then you must describe your job-related qualifications that includes beginning and ending dates for paid and non-paid work experience, hours worked per week, month and year of employment for each job title listed, annual salary, and description of job duties. Include name and address of employer; supervisor name and telephone number. Additional information on what to include can be found here. Your experience needs to address every required qualification.
Additional Documentation, if applicable:
1. Cover Letter
2. Veterans' Preference Documentation: If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-point veterans' preference, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 Member Copy 2 or 4 showing you were honorably discharged. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, attach an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference in addition to the proof required by that form (i.e. VA letter). You may not be awarded preference if you do not attach the correct Veteran Documentation as specified above.
3. CTAP/ICTAP Documentation: If you are applying under CTAP or ICTAP, you MUST submit proof of eligibility under 5 CFR 330.602(a) for CTAP and 5 CFR 330.704 for ICTAP. This includes a copy of the agency notice, a copy of your most recent performance rating, and a copy of your most recent SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) showing your position, grade level, and duty location. Please annotate your application to reflect that you are applying as a CTAP or ICTAP eligible.
4. College Transcripts: Please refer to the education section above for additional information. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. A copy of your official transcripts may be required if you are selected.
If you are requesting a reasonable accommodation to the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, submit documentation to support your request, including the Reasonable Accommodation Request Form found here
Failure to submit any of the above-mentioned required documents may result in loss of consideration due to an incomplete application package. It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
Help This job is open to
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
- The public
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
U.S. Citizens, CTAP