AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter (https://twitter.com/abbvie) , Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AbbVieGlobal) , Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/abbvie/?hl=en) , YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/AbbVie) and LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbvie) .
Responsible for the development, maintenance and enhancement of the Waco facility environmental, health and safety (EHS) program. Provide EHS leadership to the site by providing technical assistance regarding compliance with applicable environmental and occupational safety regulatory requirements as well as with EHS Policies. Develop and execute programs and goals designed to continually improve EHS performance at the facility.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Developing goals, processes, programs and systems to improve environmental, health and safety performance in the facility.
- Facilitating the activities of the Coordinated Emergency Response Team, Recycle Team, Green Team, Safety Committee and Fire Brigade to ensure groups are adequately trained to meet their team objectives.
- Providing training materials and conducts training as required to Waco personnel to enhance awareness of environmental, health and safety requirements.
- Working with Corporate EHS to assess impacts of new chemicals and products introduced to the facility.
- Developing annual capital and expense budgets; monitors spending during the year to ensure adherence to budgets.
- Managerial oversight of EHS including hiring, training of EHS employees and performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Working to ensure that the company is in compliance with all environmental, health and safety requirements and assure our business practice enhance the welfare of our customers, employees and the community in which we operate.
- Ensuring submissions are made to appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Provide EHS direction, assistance and support for goals, corrective actions and recommendations to assure site EHS improvements.
- Preforms other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Health and Safety or related field.
- Ten (10) years of experience in Environmental Health and Safety preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Functional user knowledge of Microsoft Office. SAP experience preferred.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing and production experience preferred. Knowledge and experience working in a GMP regulated environment preferred.
- Experience working in an Aseptic Production environment preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to interact with all functional departments within the company including hourly, professional and management personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage strong teams.
- Comprehensive understanding of EHS regulations (OSHA, EPA, etc.).
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentational).
- Strong influencing skills.
- Experiencing creating, developing, and implementing strategies for efficient and cost-effective management of allocated resources.
- Principles and practices of budget preparation and administration.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.