EHS Leader (Environmental, Occupational, and Safety)
4 days left
- Salary Type
Celanese Corporation is a Fortune 400 company. Our headquarters are located in Dallas, Texas. With nearly 7100 employees located throughout our 31 global facilities, we are an industry leader in using advanced technology to produce materials included in products vital to everyday use such as automotive, electronics, pharmaceuticals, and paints. Our company takes pride in maintaining management of high financial, social, safety and environmental responsibility in everything it does. We are recognized by Glassdoor for treatment of our employees and global customers, and offer our employees outstanding benefits, including a 401K designed to ensure long term financial security. Our company focuses on the cooperation of its employees, provides competitive salary, and emphasizes giving back to the community. For more information about Celanese and our products please visit www.celanese.com
Purpose and Summary of position:
Purpose and Summary of position:
- Provide EH&S leadership to ensure our Florence, KY facility is in compliance with governmental agencies, Responsible Care Codes, and corporate guidelines pertinent to Environmental Health and Safety (EHS).
- Develop, maintain, and perform the environmental air and water permitting compliance program for the facility
- Maintain critical loss prevention and administrative systems such as Emergency Response, Safety and Health Assessment, Audits, Statistical Record keeping, department cost control and Site Security.
- Develops and implement systems, programs and actions needed to raise employee awareness of risks and to reduce, avoid, and protect employees from hazards in the workplace, including occupational illness or disease.
- Develops programs including training and technical guidance to identify and remove or mitigate potential hazards from the facilities, operations and work areas. Assists management and supervision in the environmental health and safety training of employees
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in leading a strong safety culture in a manufacturing environment with a Bachelors of Science degree/Or Minimum 10 years of proven experience in leading a strong safety culture in a manufacturing environment without a Bachelors of Science degree
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with managers, supervisors, employees, regulatory agencies and peers on all aspects of environmental health and safety program development, implementation and maintenance while maintaining credibility with all customers and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver group presentations and training courses
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, tact, diplomacy, independence
- Exceptional priority and time management skills - well organized, ability to effectively prioritize/plan and manage multiple events simultaneously
- Hands-on, organized self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in establishing priorities, and achieving goals and objectives
- Good computer skills, including all MS Office software, esp. spreadsheet applications and word processing
- Strong Problem Solving and Decision Making skills
- Previous experience with ISO 14001
- Previous relevant experience in Plastics Compounding or similar industry