Hazardous Waste Technician/ Environmental Scientist
4 days left
- Salary Type
DDC- 4C is seeking a qualified individual to fill the role of Hazardous Waste Technician/ Environmental Scientist at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD. This person will join a team of scientists and technicians to provide environmental services to fulfill waste management compliance requirements.
- Perform on-site environmental duties such as; collection, transportation, and storage of hazardous waste.
- Collection, tracking, and reporting of environmental data
- Clean-up of chemical and petroleum spills
- Manage operation of remediation systems
- Complete waste analysis sampling
- Complete building inspections and self-assessments for environmental compliance.
- Organize and develop documentation to meet GSFC's environmental reporting and record-keeping requirements (i.e., Tier II Report, TRI Report, Hazardous Waste Report, Annual PCB Report and Pollution Prevention Report).
- Develop work instructions to plan, track, and report routine and non-routine records, permits, and reports.
- Perform peer document reviews in support of the Task QA/QC Plan.
- BS degree or specialized experience.
- RCRA, CWA, NPDES, TSCA, CERCLA, OSHA knowledge
- Ability to obtain access to federal site.
- Strong communication skills, and ability to use and navigate computers, software and information management systems.
- Good analytical skills, ability to multi-task and meet competing demands, and be able to read laboratory reports and interpret results as it applies to waste characterization.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs unassisted and use equipment to move heavier items such as drums.
- Must be able to wear a respirator (employer provides respirator, physical, and fit test).
- Must be able to tolerate temperature fluctuations (e.g., exposure to hot temperatures while wearing Personal Protective Equipment)