Director of Product Commercialization
4 days left
- Salary Type
Our client is a mission-driven food tech company committed to creating a healthier world through better fruits and vegetables. Founded by leading scientists in the biotechnology and gene editing fields, the company believes that consumers deserve more variety and innovation in their food choices. The company is looking to hire a senior leader to bridge the gap between product discovery and commercialization. The Product Discovery Technical Program Lead will be responsible for developing and executing research plans to support commercialization for a program critical to the company's success. At the completion of the discovery process, you will manage the handoff of the project from R&D to Commercial. Your experience of understanding what commercializing an agricultural product entails is invaluable. Examples of job requirements include evaluating cropping systems, formulating research plans to test new plant material and managing the technical handoff from R&D to commercial.
- Competitive compensation package
- Health and dental coverage
- Short- and long-term disability, as well as life insurance
- Ensure alignment between the product concept/definition and commercialization.
- Manage evaluation of commercial testing of material.
- Deliver a smooth handoff between R&D and Commercial.
- Evaluate and manage cropping systems.
- Ensure commercial requirements are technically evaluated prior to handoff.
- Develop technical programs to help drive answers to key scientific questions.
- 10+ years of experience operating in R&D commercial ag interface.
- PhD or Master's degree in a relevant field; such as molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, biology, plant science, botany, agronomy, horticulture, evolution, ecology or any biological discipline.
- Previous experience in the commercialization of a product and a good understanding of what is technically required to commercialize a product in agriculture.
- Prior experience in product discovery and development.
- Demonstrated focus on commercial outcomes.
- Experience developing and leading technical programs.
- Preferred experience in produce.
- Demonstrated success working in a fast paced, matrixed environment.