AlivaMab Discovery Services (ADS) is recruiting for an outstanding individual with a range of skill sets in molecular biology and recombinant protein expression to join our collaborative and innovative therapeutic antibody discovery team. Additional knowledge in antibody engineering, purification, analytics and display systems is a plus. Title will be commensurate with experience.
Led by personnel with combined decades of experience in therapeutic antibody drug discovery and development, AlivaMab Discovery Services is expanding its services in therapeutic antibody drug discovery in support of the biotech and pharma communities. You will be a key contributor in a team dedicated to delivering best-in-class therapeutic antibody candidates that will improve outcomes for patients.Responsibilities
Your primary responsibilities will be in the area of antibody purification and analytics (antibody purification based on protein A and ion exchange and antibody characterization via SDS-PAGE and SEC-HPLC). Further responsibilities will include transient expression of antibodies using CHO based expression systems. The candidate will also be required to assist with molecular biology workflows. You will be executing and delivering for projects and preparing written reports. We are looking for independent and creative researchers that demonstrate initiative, who are capable of experimental design, experiment execution and troubleshooting. You will work closely with other team members and leaders. You will be able to effectively present and communicate concepts and results, both orally and in writing, to colleagues and management. Qualifications
Key Skills and Requirements:
- BS/MS with a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience
- Strong knowledge and skill in molecular biology and production of recombinant proteins in mammalian culture
- Experience with molecular biology techniques (PCR, DNA/RNA isolation, plasmid prep, gel extraction, cloning, Gibson assembly, Sanger sequence analysis)
- Experience in performing and optimizing transient transfections of antibodies utilizing CHO based suspension systems
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem-solving capabilities
- Extraordinary attention to detail, planning, and organizational skills
- History of timeline-driven delivery
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and instrument specific software (Agilent Open Lab, GE Unicorn)
Additionally, experience with any of these skills is a plus: expression in bacteria, yeast, or insect cell systems, antibody engineering and reformatting, high-throughput recombinant expression, NGS, therapeutic antibody developability assessments, and protein purification and analysis.
AlivaMab Discovery Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.