Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an individual to work as a *Biologist at the NIAID/VRC National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. *
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives.
*TASKS/SERVICES*. The contractor shall:
• Perform a wide variety of procedures and techniques with an emphasis on antibody detection and characterization assays such as ELISA, MSD, and neutralization assays. Tasks may also include mammalian cell culture, transfections, western blotting, and protein purification.
• Independently follow written and oral guidance working individually or in a team-oriented environment.
• Work on diverse projects with an ability to prioritize as appropriate based on guidance from senior staff.
• Maintain careful laboratory records including written lab notebooks and well-organized online data files
• Analyze data, summarize and generate presentations in an appropriate format.
• Contribute to laboratory maintenance and organization including sample inventories and data files.
• Assist in troubleshooting and calibrating various laboratory equipment and instruments.
• Assist in evaluating the validity of laboratory data; assess deviations in the experimental workflow in accordance with established protocols, previous training, or accepted laboratory practices.
• Assists in training others in basic laboratory and departmental procedures.
• Work with scientists, reagent and media suppliers, equipment sales representatives, instrument repairers, etc.
• Participate in laboratory meetings and maintain compliance with current institute laboratory and safety guidelines.
*REQUIREMENTS.* The contractor must have:
• Bachelor's degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline.
• Demonstrated experience working in a BSL-2 laboratory environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of maintaining accurate and detailed records.
• Demonstrated knowledge of proper laboratory disposal methods and safety procedures.
• 3-8 years of experience working in a laboratory setting.
• Experience with immunoassays including ELISA and neutralization assays is highly desired.
*PLEASE APPLY ONLINE*
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of [benefits](https://www.mykelly.us/us-mykelly/perks/)?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity [Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.](https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)