Partnership Manager for Save the Redwoods League
Founded over 100 years ago, Save the Redwoods League is an established conservation leader that utilizes sound science and cutting-edge conservation tools to ensure that California's unique redwood forests exist for millennia more. To learn more about us, go to www.SaveTheRedwoods.org.
Redwoods Rising is an ambitious collaboration between Save the Redwoods League, the National Park Service, and California State Parks to accelerate recovery of the parks’ historically logged redwood forests and help protect Redwood National and State Parks’ remaining old growth groves. To learn more about Redwoods Rising, visit www.RedwoodsRising.org.
The Redwoods Rising partnership is seeking a Partnership Manager to help with the implementation of a large-scale ecosystem restoration program and support its overall partnership structure and functions.
As a Save the Redwoods League employee based in Humboldt or Del Norte County, the Manager will act as a liaison between restoration project implementation and the broader Redwoods Rising partnership. This position is ideal for someone who thrives in a highly collaborative, partnership-based project environment. You will work in close coordination with National Park Service, California Department of Parks and Recreation, and Save the Redwoods League staff members to coordinate progress towards project goals within budget, timeline, and environmental compliance constraints; create and manage budgets and project schedules; administer partnership governance; and hold project team members accountable for agreed-upon delivery dates.
We provide excellent benefits including paid vacation, sick time, medical, dental, life insurance and a generous 401K!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
Coordinator for the Redwoods Rising Partnership:
• Ensures project information is disseminated from the field to the Redwoods Rising Steering Committee and Leadership Team
• Conducts regular team meetings to manage/coordinate progress towards goals with budget, timeline, and compliance constraints
• Understands and connects the tracking, phasing, timing, planning with the different aspects of project implementation; supports and coordinates aspects as appropriate and in partnership with the Restoration Field Operations Manager
• Develops and coordinate annual and seasonal schedules for pre-implementation planning and restoration implementation
• Coordinates the hiring and management of implementation-related consultants
• Assists Save the Redwoods League and agency staff in preparing public communications and presenting projects to stakeholder groups
Project Implementation Lead:
• Leads budget planning and tracking efforts
• Develops, maintains, tracks budgets and forecasts related to project implementation
• Works with the finance department to coordinate budgeting, contracts, invoicing, payment requests, and payment schedules
• Assists the Save the Redwoods League’s Development department and public grants staff in preparing project funding proposals
• Works with Save the Redwoods League’s grants’ staff on reporting and funder/agency communications
• Functions as a project management advisor on other restoration projects outside of Redwoods Rising and share lessons learned
Administer and Manage Contracts:
• Coordinates with Save the Redwoods League staff and legal counsel to prepare contracts and scopes of work
• Reviews contractor schedules, work plans, and budgets for accuracy, feasibility, and alignment with project goals
• Coordinates work order/seasonal contract review with other Redwoods Rising members (e.g., NTE’s) and processes contracts and work orders
• Coordinates cost estimates for restoration implementation; supports the efforts of contractors to provide accurate estimates for jobs; provides substantive comment on work orders and costs
• Coordinates payment for work related to implementation including reviewing all payment requests
• Keep detailed records of contractor communications, contract modifications, and other authorized changes to contract scope, time, or cost
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or a minimum of 5 years applied experience; master’s degree preferred but not required
• Experience implementing complex, land-based projects is required
• Possession of a valid driver’s license is required
• Strong computer skills are required: emphasis will be in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Suite, and database software
• Experience with multi-jurisdictional/agency/partner project management and coordination; a mix of experience with federal/state agencies and nonprofits is preferred
• Demonstrated cultural competency and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people across cultures, ethnic groups, and identities; verbal and written fluency in a language other than English is desirable
• Proven experience with budget creation, tracking, and reporting
• Contract management experience including land management or construction implementation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail and multi-tasking in a dynamic, high-paced office and field work environment
• Flexibility to work variable hours depending on project needs
• Frequent travel, predominantly within California; valid driver’s license and safe driving record
• Some weekend and evening responsibilities, including overnight trips
• Actively utilizes computers, working at a desk or office space and with laptop in the field
• Frequently required to hike through forest land, including walking on uneven ground, climbing over obstacles, and accessing remote locations
• Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 30 pounds
TO BE CONSIDERED:
Email your resume, a cover letter addressing why you are a great fit for this role, and your salary expectations to Jobs@SaveTheRedwoods.org with the subject heading "Partnership Manager".
NO CALLS PLEASE... we are busy protecting redwoods. THANK YOU!
Save the Redwoods League is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fluent English speakers who are bi-or multi-lingual, including indigenous language speakers, are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Partnership Manager for Save the Redwoods League
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly