Project Manager - Ecological Restoration/Land Management
BlueFlax Design LLC, an ecological design/build firm located in Harwich, Massachusetts specializing in a blend of landscape and ecological restoration design and implementation, seeks a Project Manager to provide support with implementation of ecological restoration and landscape projects ranging from traditional residential landscape design installations to the implementation of wetland mitigation/restoration plans and ecological land management.
Responsibilities of the position include collaborating with the Owner, Design Director, and field manager to:
- Create all projects schedules – long and short term field work scheduling
- Assign field crew to projects in collaboration with the Field Manager
- Communicate with clients regarding field work/scheduling and manage customer service relationships through meetings and other forms of communication
- Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, Conservation documents, permits, work orders describing work items to be completed, sketches/records of work completed, and material requirement calculations to field manager and field crews.
- Develop job essential data including quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man hour, and equipment to ensure accurate estimates and bids.
- Organize plant and job material ordering/sourcing.
- Estimate, monitor, and evaluate job costs continuously and as needed.
- Provide technical support and direction regarding project material controls including delivery dates, implementation schedules and design requirements to ensure quality control, cost effectiveness, and efficient work scheduling.
- Assist Owner to complete RFPs, which includes cost and bid projections.
- Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures to support accuracy of bid submission.
- In collaboration with the field manager and business owner participate in the hiring, management, and training of all field Crew-Members.
- Ensure quality control reports, monitoring reports, special conditions, and data are maintained.
- Oversee the full scope and completion of each project.
- Ensure each site has all materials and supplies needed to complete each project.
- Manage the needs of each contract’s plans, sites, layouts, permits, and details as needed.
- Ensure that company production standards are met.
- Ensure that all field crew members thoroughly understand and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Develop training plans for field crews in collaboration with the Field Manager and Business owner.
- Evaluate the performance of field crew members and crew leaders in collaboration with the Field Manager and business owner.
In addition, the ideal candidate must have the following:
- Minimum of two years previous experience in project management with a professional landscape company specializing in landscape construction and/or ecological design/restoration.
- Ability to oversee the production of multiple jobs simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc) and Quickbooks a MUST
- Strong knowledge of operating equipment including mini excavator, skid steer, chain saws etc.
- Ability to drive a one-ton dump truck and tow a trailer.
- Ability to read and interpret landscape construction plans.
- Strong understanding of basic landscape design concepts.
- Familiarity with the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act and Municipal Wetland Regulations/Bylaws is a plus.
Self-motivated candidates with landscape construction and ecological restoration experience, excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills, strong design sensibility, excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Excel and Word; project management software, Quickbooks), plant knowledge (plant identification including knowledge of invasive species plant I.D and management.) and proven project management skills are encouraged to apply.
This position offers great potential for growth.