Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a Biologist for our office in Chicago, IL. This position will be responsible for providing support for biological field surveys. Our successful candidate will have related experience with wetland delineations and wildlife and botanical surveys.
- Performing floristic, wildlife, and field surveys and monitoring restoration and construction projects in biologically sensitive areas
- Conducting wetland delineation surveys in accordance with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and state-level requirements
- Preparing environmental reports and documents
- Applying knowledge of natural resource principles through field studies including research, data collection, data analysis, and preparation of environmental documents and reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Biology or a closely related discipline
- 1-3 years of related experience; environmental consulting or past natural resource agency experience preferred
- Experience with wetland delineations, plant and habitat surveys, vegetation characterizations, avian surveys and/or special status species surveys in terrestrial ecosystems preferred
- Knowledge of environmental regulations such as Clean Water Act, NEPA, and FERC preferred
- Ability to work independently with initiative and follow-through on direction given by members of project team
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.