Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an entry-level Environmental Specialist / Scientist for our office in Albany, N.Y. This position will support project managers and teams with environmental report preparation and implementation of client programs and initiatives through stakeholder and public engagement. The position also requires supporting field studies including site visits, wetland delineations, and habitat assessments. Our successful candidate will have an understanding of terrestrial and aquatic / marine ecosystems in the northeast and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team on a variety of challenging environmental projects.
- Prepare environmental reports and documents
- Data analysis and report writing
- Perform work in accordance with federal, state, and local agency requirements
- Support client initiatives through community outreach, stakeholder engagement for renewable energy, energy efficiency, emergency management planning or other related services
- Plan work to achieve client’s objectives and coordinate with other staff to implement solutions to project issues
- Support plant, habitat and threatened and endangered species surveys
- Perform surveys and monitoring for restoration and construction projects, initially in a supportive role, and then in a lead role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Natural or Physical Sciences, Planning or a closely related discipline
- 1 – 3 years of relevant experience; environmental consulting or agency experience preferred
- Knowledge of environmental regulations such as, New York State SEQR, NEPA or FERC preferred
- Ability to work independently with initiative and follow-through on direction given by members of project team
- Excellent self-leadership, facilitation, and public engagement skills
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply online. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.