Communications and Administration Officer
The IUCN SSC Conservation Planning Specialist Group (CPSG) is an international wildlife conservation organization with a mission to save threatened species by increasing the effectiveness of conservation efforts worldwide. CPSG offers the opportunity to contribute to the preservation of our planet’s biodiversity in a flexible, friendly work environment. The finances of CPSG are managed by the Global Conservation Network, a 501c3 non-profit charity.
CPSG is looking for a creative, talented and dedicated individual to join our team as the Communications and Administration Officer. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of CPSG’s communications strategy, taking on a primary role in: CPSG member communications; report-writing and publications; social media, email, and website management; and, communications support for our Regional Resource Centers. The role also involves shared management of the administrative functions for the Headquarters office. The position may involve some domestic and international travel.
Essential for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Communications, Marketing, English or other relevant qualification(s)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and desire and aptitude to learn design and publishing software programs. Knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop are a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and prioritize tasks as necessary
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of privileged information is essential
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Interest in endangered species conservation
- Cheerful and professional
- Comfortable in a small but fast-paced, highly productive organization
- Experience or ability to interact effectively with a diverse, multicultural audience
This position description summarizes the primary duties and functions of this position, but should not be considered a complete listing of every duty the successful candidate may be called upon to perform.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
CPSG is located on the grounds of the Minnesota Zoo in Apple Valley, Minnesota. Starting salary: $35,000 (negotiable, depending on experience), plus excellent benefits. For more information, please contact Elizabeth Townsend at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please send a cover letter (including specific reference to experience with the software listed above), writing sample, and resume to the same email address.