Natural Resource Specialist I
NATURAL RESOURCE SPECIALIST I
County of San Mateo
$34.30 - $42.89 / Hour
The Parks Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Natural Resource Specialist I. Receiving direction from the Natural Resource Manager, the Natural Resource Specialist I will develop, implement, coordinate, promote, monitor and evaluate one or more resource conservation programs/projects; serve as subject matter expert and resource in assigned areas; research, analyze and interpret information and data; design and conduct studies; develop, conduct, monitor and evaluate comprehensive outreach and public education activities; and provide supervision and leadership on a project basis to professional, technical, support, contract and volunteer staff.
The Natural Resource Specialist I will:
- Perform a variety of professional duties related to the County's resource conservation programs such as the San Bruno Mountain Habitat Conservation Plan, Vegetation Management, and Threatened and Endangered Species Monitoring
- Assure compliance with federal, state, local and other pertinent environmental mandates, laws, codes, rules, regulations and agreements within assigned areas
- Prepare written materials such as narrative reports, technical charts and publications
- Develop, negotiate and monitor grants and contracts
- Represent the section on committees, boards and other related groups
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for new and existing programs
- Provide management with information related to developing and monitoring budgets.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a B.S. in Natural Resource Management, Ecology, Conservation Biology or related field with at least two years of relevant field experience. A substitution would be an M.S. in Natural Resource Management, Ecology, Conservation Biology or related field.
- Have technical knowledge of wildlife management, ecology, restoration, biology/botany and marine biology.
Requires possession of a valid California driver's license or equivalent.
Final Filing Deadline: April 29, 2019
To learn more about the position and to apply online, please visit our website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sanmateo/jobs/2369861/natural-resource-specialist-i-open. Applications are only accepted online. EOE