Climate Adaptation Specialist
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an experienced Climate Adaptation Specialist in our San Francisco office. This position is responsible for developing and leading innovative climate adaptation projects. Our successful candidate will be a self-starter and experienced project manager with climate-focused expertise and experience in a related social or natural science field.
- Manage and lead for climate vulnerability and risk assessments, adaptation plans, and preparedness plans which address climate change risks, such as sea-level rise, severe storm events, wildfire, etc.
- Provide climate adaptation subject-matter expertise for additional relevant projects, such as offshore wind or resilient communities projects.
- Lead and participate in meetings, conferences, and other engagement activities with key stakeholders related to climate resilience
- Coordinate with staff associated with the Resilient Communities Practice Area within one of the company’s Business Lines, as well as staff across the company, on business development as well as project related work
- Assist in climate-related business development for pursuit of climate adaptation planning work in California and nationwide
- Lead and mentor staff to develop additional capabilities within an interdisciplinary team
- Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ project experience and/or Master’s Degree + 7 years’ experience with climate vulnerability, adaptation, and resilience projects; required degree(s) in Environmental Science, Planning, or a related discipline; environmental consulting experience preferred
- Ability to understand and interpret climate data and models for a diverse audience
- Knowledge and familiarity with major federal and state environmental statutes and implementing regulations, including California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Endangered Species Act (ESA), National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), etc.
- Strong experience in business development and client relationship building
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, disciplines, and experts including senior management, clients, and other departments
- Experience with public outreach, public speaking and facilitation, and agency consultation
- Excellent project management, leadership, technical writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, and strategic planning skills with attention to detail and a high quality of work in a fast paced and dynamic environment that requires managing and coordinating multiple concurrent priorities and tasks
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.