Seeking a qualified candidate to assist the Director of Stewardship with managing NLI’s preserves, developing the conservation easement stewardship program, developing management plans and growing the volunteer land management initiatives on lands owned by the Natural Land Institute primarily in northwest Illinois. Candidates with a degree in Natural Resource Management, Biological Sciences or equivalent are preferred.
- Knowledge of northern Illinois ecosystems, flora and fauna.
- Candidate must be detail oriented, well-organized, personable, friendly and able to interact and work closely with diverse stakeholders while representing NLI.
- Candidate must hold an undergraduate degree in natural resources management, biological sciences or a closely related field, and field experience is recommended.
- Candidate must have the ability to physically implement natural resource management tasks, including walking over uneven and difficult terrain, and carrying heavy items such as seed and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS and GPS receivers.
- Candidate must hold a clean driving record.
- Ability to competently and safely use and maintain equipment needed in restoration activities, including mowers, tractors, UTVs, pumps, chainsaws, clearing saws, etc.
- Ability to evaluate natural areas and make recommendations for potential land protection.
Please send completed resume, cover letter, and three references to the attention of Zach Grycan, Director of Stewardship at email@example.com no later than May 20, 2019.
Full job description is located here: https://www.naturalland.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/NLI-Restoration-Ecologist-FullTime-JobDescription_04.19.pdf
Apply for Restoration Ecologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly