Environmental Technician/Environmental Scientist
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an on-call Environmental Scientist in the Florida City area. This position will be responsible for performing fieldwork and ecological monitoring. Our successful candidate must be able to provide support within 24 hours’ notice in the southern part of Miami-Dade County and Broward County.
- Conducting fieldwork related to ecological monitoring in the bay, marsh, mangroves and tree islands of South Florida following field QA/QC protocol
- Collecting groundwater and surface water samples for a range of analytical parameters
- Measuring water quality onshore and offshore using automated instrumentation
- Cleaning, calibrating and trouble-shooting automated field instrumentation
- Performing data entry, data analyses, and report-writing
- Associate’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, or related discipline; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1 – 3 years of related experience with knowledge of South Florida ecology and botany and familiarity with exotic and native plant identification
- Valid restricted use Pesticide Applicator License issued by FDACS desired for natural areas weed management
- Knowledge of water quality sampling protocols and maintenance of automated instrumentation preferred
- Ability to conduct fieldwork and studies in challenging conditions including heat, waist deep water and mud, mosquitoes, and potentially the presence of alligators and crocodiles in remote locations that may only be accessible by foot, airboat, amphibious vehicle, boat, or helicopter
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication and technical writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and other database applications
- Ability to provide support within 24 hours’ notice in the southern part of Miami Dade County
- Ability to travel to support project needs
- A valid driver’s license
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.