Full Time Lecturer - Spatial Ecology, Ecology, Senior Thesis...
Humboldt State University’s Department of Wildlife invites applications for an academic year (full-time, 1.0 timebase) temporary faculty position in SPATIAL WILDLIFE ECOLOGY for academic year 2019-2020. Initial appointment will be for the Fall 2019 semester. Subsequent reappointment for Spring 2020 will be contingent upon satisfactory performance evaluation, budget and programmatic need. Depending on satisfactory performance evaluation, available funding and programmatic need we anticipate renewing this position in future terms.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary is dependent upon the appointee's qualifications and experience. The current California State University Salary Structure is available at: http://www.humboldt.edu/aps/docs/salary/Salary-Schedule.pdf.
Humboldt State University provides an excellent benefits package for faculty. Information about benefits plans can be found at: http://www.humboldt.edu/forms/node/934.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: An earned PhD or equivalent terminal degree in Wildlife Management, Conservation Biology, Ecology or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred at time of appointment. Applicants with progress towards terminal degree completion by appointment date will be considered.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Experience and expertise in spatial wildlife ecology, with a solid working knowledge of spatial analyses;
- Experience and expertise necessary to teach a general course in wildlife ecology as well as an advanced course in spatial wildlife ecology;
- Commitment to and/or experience promoting and fostering a learning environment that is supportive of individuals from diverse backgrounds;
- Potential for effective teaching or teaching experience using a variety of methodologies;
- Interest and ability to teach a broad range of courses in the wildlife program; and
- Willingness to participate in the development of online learning experiences.
At the time of appointment, the successful candidate, if not a U.S. citizen, must have authorization from the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services to work in the United States. For information on University support for visa acquisition for temporary faculty, please visit the Faculty Immigration Resources page: https://extended.humboldt.edu/international-programs/immigration/faculty.
Evidence of degree(s) is required at time of hire.
PROFESSIONAL DUTIES: Instructional assignments may include: WLDF 301 (ecology and wildlife management), WLDF 468 (spatial wildlife ecology), WLDF 478 (population ecology), WLDF 485 and 585 (seminars for seniors or graduate students, respectively. Instructional assignments will be consistent with the programmatic needs of the department and students.
The primary professional responsibilities of instructional faculty members in temporary positions are teaching, maintaining office hours and working collaboratively and productively with colleagues.
GENERAL INFORMATION The Department of Wildlife at HSU enjoys a strong reputation for excellent undergraduate and Master’s level graduate education balanced with active applied research. It is a thriving program with approximately 385 students and has experienced significant growth in recent years. Additional information about the Department of Wildlife can be found at: http://www.humboldt.edu/wildlife/.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should submit the following materials through Interfolio: https://apply.interfolio.com/60313
- Letter of application;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy;
- Teaching evaluations, if applicable;
- Graduate transcripts (unofficial copies are sufficient for initial review); and
- Three confidential letters of recommendation (to be submitted through Interfolio).
- Additional application materials may be requested at a later time.
Please direct any questions pertaining to this position, the Department of (Department Name), or Humboldt State University to:
Rick Brown, Search Committee Chair
Department of Wildlife
Humboldt State University
One Harpst Street
Arcata, California 95521-8299
Phone (707) 826-3320