CEQA Project Manager Biologist
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a senior CEQA Project Manager / Biologist for our San Francisco, CA office. This position will be responsible for leading the preparation of all levels of CEQA/NEPA documentation from inception to completion. Our successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of the CEQA/NEPA process and experience with linear, renewable, and conventional energy projects.
- Manages and oversees scopes of work, budgets and schedules for a range of projects including utility, energy transmission, and renewable energy projects
- Prepares, directs, and reviews the preparation of EISs, EIRs, EAs, IS/MNDs and other CEQA/NEPA permitting documents
- Understands and accounts for applicable project contract requirements, assuring that commitments are met in accordance with deliverables, schedules, and with the appropriate level of quality
- Identifies project challenges and provides project/contract status reports, feedback and solution recommendations to local and regional management
- Ensures that project teams work together to achieve results by providing inspiring leadership and direction, staff mentoring and development, and actively identifying and resolving issues
- Understands the client’s requirements and executes the project balancing client and professional standards to ensure client satisfaction
- Writes proposals, generates leads, assesses new markets, and develops new business opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences, Environmental Studies or a related discipline; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience preparing and/or leading the preparation of biological surveys/studies; PWS or CWB certification preferred
- Relevant experience preparing and reviewing CEQA and NEPA documents, EISs, EIRs, EAs, IS/MNDs, and federal, state, and county-level permitting
- Experience working in an environmental consulting firm
- Experience conducting biological studies including wetland delineations, vegetation surveys, habitat assessments, and special-status plant and wildlife surveys; experience with avian surveys for nesting birds and raptors preferred
- Familiarity with the permitting process under Sections 404 and 401 of Clean Water Act and Sections 7 and 10 of the Endangered Species Act
- Strong track record managing projects from approximately $250,000 to $2,000,000 in size with excellent leadership and project management skills
- Excellent presentation, written/verbal communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.