Wetland Delineator, Environmental Specialist
SWCA Environmental Consultants has an opportunity for an Environmental Specialist who has experience conducting wetland delineation work. The role will work from our Arlington, TX office but work primarily in the field. This is an excellent opportunity to utilize and grow your experience!
Conduct wetland delineations, mostly linear projects such as pipelines.
- Prepare field equipment, identify and plan field logistics, and provide oversight of survey implementation and data management.
- Accurately and completely record data on field forms or in other required formats.
- Use topographic maps, aerial photographs, GPS units, and other maps and tools to navigate to and from project areas.
- Operate SWCA vehicles safely and follow all required safety protocols.
- Occasionally technical report writing is required.
- Travel to remote locations in Louisiana and potentially other states for short and long durations.
- Sleep in hotels and sometimes work long hours in the field.
- Candidates MUST have a minimum of one year of experience conducting wetland delineations per the Corps of Engineers Manual.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Biology, Ecology, Botany, or related field is required. A master's degree or higher is preferred.
- Candidates must have the ability to conduct fieldwork for long hours in inclement weather conditions and ability to walk up to 10 miles per day, often in rugged terrain, carrying equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Candidates must be willing to travel on short notice.
- Candidates must be willing to work variable hours.
- Candidates must have experience with the identification of flora in the Gulf Coast.
- Candidates must have the ability to record complete and accurate field notes.
- Ability to take initiative, resolve problems, and create improved procedures to assure tasks are completed in the most effective and efficient manner is required.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn company procedures, and ability to implement traditional and novel field methods and scientific approaches is required.
- Ability to work independently and to work synergistically as part of a collaborative team of technicians and resource scientists is required.
- The ability to drive a 4WD vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads is preferred.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/zgwqqtsgz7ksfrwp