Digital Communications Internship
The Society for Conservation Biology (SCB) is now accepting applications to fill one (1) unpaid Digital Communications Intern position. This internship is offered on a part-time or full-time basis for a 3-month duration between January or February to April or May 2019, with a flexible start date.
As an SCB Digital Content and Communications intern, you will have the opportunity to interact with SCB’s Committees, global Sections, topical Working Groups, and Chapters (collectively referred to as Groups) to gather and analyze data, increase communications about the work of these Groups, and perform organizational and administrative duties involved with advancing the SCB Mission.
Working under the guidance of the SCB Membership & Communications team, the intern will have the opportunity to assist with the production of the SCB Newsletter and other communications, design marketing materials for SCB's social media and other media platforms, update website information, and help with development and advancement initiatives. In addition, these interns may have opportunities to take part in local related events (e.g., lectures, conservation events, etc.) as they arise.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application to email@example.com with the subject line Digital Communications Internship.
Founded in 1985, the Society for Conservation Biology (SCB) is a nonprofit international organization dedicated to the advancement of science and practice to conserve Earth's biological diversity (www.conbio.org). With more than 4,000 members, seven (7) regional Sections, eight (8) topical Working Groups, and numerous local Chapters positioned across the globe, SCB is a well-recognized as an organization that is dedicated to promoting the scientific study of the phenomena that affect the maintenance, loss, and restoration of biological diversity.
The SCB global office, located in Washington, DC, offers a positive work environment conducive to gaining beneficial career and networking experience. SCB will assist the volunteer intern in obtaining college credit for this internship if desired. A monthly public transportation stipend will be provided.
Applicants must be:
- A current college student or recent graduate (within the past year)
- Willing to dedicate 15-20 hours per week to the unpaid internship
- Able to secure housing within a commutable distance to the Washington DC office
Applicants must have:
- Strong interest in advancing the missions of conservation science
- High motivation and be detail oriented
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience using a Content Management System, or interest in learning how to
- Research skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications
- A professional demeanor
- This is an unpaid intern position.
- Public transit stipend is included
- SCB will work with your University or College to coordinate credit for your internship as possible.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship