Membership Services Manager
The Society for Conservation Biology (SCB) is an international professional organization dedicated to advancing the science and practice of conserving Earth's biological diversity. While our historical roots were founded in the field of biology, we recognize that conservation in today’s complex world requires a globalized approach that maximizes collaboration amongst professionals from all fields. With more than 4,000 members worldwide, professionals, students, organizations, and supporters collaborate together in a way that transcends borders to advance this Mission. More information about SCB can be found on the SCB website www.conbio.org.
The Membership Services Manager works within the SCB Membership and Communication Department and is responsible for the day to day operations, management and implementation of SCB’s policies, processes, and procedures that advance services for its members, Sections, Working Groups, Chapters and Committees (Groups). This role reports to the Membership and Communications Director and supervises the Membership and Communications Program Assistant and Executive Office interns. The Membership Services Manager position provides great opportunities to network with leaders in the conservation field, contribute in a meaningful way to a growing organization and travel internationally.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Provide excellent customer service and respond thoughtfully to member inquiries and requests in a timely manner.
- Liaise with department-related Committees and Working Groups and support their scope of work.
- Coordinate Chapter processes and management.
- Oversee the Executive Office’s Internship Program.
- Manage SCB’s membership database, online communities, and department related webpages.
- Coordinate and advance SCB’s membership recruitment and retention campaign, calculate membership retention rates and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide routine analysis of existing membership and Group marketing materials and create/update materials as needed.
- Produce member and Group training and support resources.
- Produce monthly membership reports and analyses and develop data queries and reports as needed.
- Coordinate content solicitation, compilation, and publication of SCB’s monthly newsletter and quarterly online publication.
- Provide staff and intern support.
- Represent SCB at congresses, events and meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Strong customer service skills with 3+ years of membership services, database, and website management experience.
- Proficient with database query development, research, and data analyses. Knowledge of iMIS 20 strongly preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Expression Engine or other content management systems. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software a plus.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and in possession of strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated experience in public speaking and/or teaching.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, interact with individuals having a diversity of cultural and regional backgrounds, and work independently as well as a part of a team.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort
- Work requires only minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Ability to work under stress during heavy workload periods.
- Up-to 1-3 weeks of travel per year.
Full Time, based in our Washington, DC office.
Apply for Membership Services Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly