Director of Conservation Science
Hawk Mountain Sanctuary, the world’s oldest and largest member-supported raptor conservation organization in the world, seeks a dynamic individual to lead its conservation science department and grow its global raptor conservation mission.
- Manage the science team and its collaborations, research facilities, scientific research and training programs, and budget.
- Guide strategic planning, growth, and fundraising.
- Collaborate with diverse individuals and groups to foster new projects, mentor up-and-coming raptor biologists, and grow raptor research globally.
- Serve as the lead scientific spokesperson for the Sanctuary and represent conservation science at international meetings and symposia.
- Doctorate in zoology or related field.
- Ten years of progressive management and research experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in leadership and mentorship.
- Understanding of and passion for the Hawk Mountain mission.
- Demonstrated fundraising success.
See www.hawkmountain.org/careers for complete details.
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31, 2018.