The Irvine Ranch Conservancy is a mission-driven non-profit, non-advocacy organization with a team of 50 employees and nearly 500 volunteers. Our mission is to protect, restore, and enhance the natural resources of nearly 50,000 acres of protected open space on the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks, and to provide diverse opportunities for compatible public enjoyment through scientific, recreational, and educational programs
The Conservancy has an opening for a Project Manager/Ecologist to be a part of our mission-based land management and stewardship organization. The Project Manager/Ecologist provides high-level science-based oversight of land management, programs, projects, and contracts. He or she develop budgets, participates in planning, consults on land management issues, and oversees diverse projects and programs, including invasive species management, restoration, wildfire impacts management, and landscape-level habitat and species monitoring in collaboration with teammates and a wide range of governmental and non-governmental partners. The successful Project Manager/Ecologist effectively manages multiple projects and programs concurrently, supervises staff, collaboratively establishes and effectively manages priorities and deadlines, and balances the Conservancy’s strategic objectives with contractual obligations.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Education – Master’s degree in biology, ecology, natural resources management or related field. PhD preferred.
- At least three years of related work in land management.
- High-level expertise with biological systems, flora, and fauna of Coastal Southern California. Strong knowledge of current trends in conservation and land management as well as ecological issues related to urban interfaces.
- Strong skills in experimental design and analyzing and evaluating data and using it to inform management decisions, alternatives and strategies.
- Practical experience with monitoring for adaptive management, restoration, and/or large-scale project implementation.
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated experience with developing, directing, and managing the implementation of multiple concurrent projects and timelines and obtaining consistent, high quality, measureable results with a wide variety of implementation partners. Experience developing and tracking budgets.
- Teamwork – Works well with others at multiple levels from volunteers to field staff to agency executives. Conveys project goals, objectives and activities to diverse groups including partners, agency staff, and others who are essential to overall success.
- Organization – Highly diverse work involves planning, managing, executing, and reporting on projects in active collaboration with Conservancy teammates and aligned with contractual obligations and the organization’s broad, long-term strategic objectives.
- Communication Skills –Excellent verbal and written communications skills and outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills. Communicates a compelling and inspired vision and sense of core purpose.
- Adaptability – Has the ability to conceive and adjust strategy and tactics in a dynamic, collaborative, partnership-centered work environment within identified constraints.
- Problem Solving – Collaboratively and creatively solve problems.
Benefits: The Conservancy offers industry-leading benefits including paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave; medical insurance; dental and vision insurance; life and short- and long-term disability insurance; optional retirement plan with match; health savings account (HSA) with contribution; optional flexible spending and dependent care accounts (FSA); and optional long-term care insurance with contribution.
How to Apply: Visit http://irconservancy.applicantpro.com to submit your resume and cover letter. For a complete job description, visit our website at www.irconservancy.org. Selected candidate(s) will be subject to a federal background check including motor vehicle record. Open until filled.
The Irvine Ranch Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.