FIELD RESEARCH AND LAND MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with excellent skills in field ecology and natural lands management. The successful candidate will work with researchers in the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology to implement field experiments, as well as staff with UCI-Nature to assist in the management the University’s natural areas. The position requires excellent communication and organizational skills to carry out field monitoring, stewardship, and outreach activities on a variety of tasks which involve coordination with student interns, the public, and a team of research ecologists and land managers. Primary responsibilities include: 1) Leading student interns and the public in research and land management activities, such as: plant monitoring, weeding, vegetation and weed mapping, seed collection, planting, and trail, sign, and other infrastructure maintenance; 2) Data collection, entry, and management; 3) Utilization of GPS, GIS, and other spatial software to collect and maintain spatial datasets; 4) Train and supervise undergraduate student interns in the accurate collection of ecological data and land management tasks; 5) Organize activities and meetings with student interns other staff and oversee access requests with partner land managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, ecology, environmental science, or a related field;
- Extensive fieldwork experience involving the natural sciences and land management;
- Extensive data collection and data management experience;
- Experience leading others in field based activities;
- Ability to work effectively on multiple concurrent projects;
- Familiarity with southern California ecosystems and their management;
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Experience in education and outreach;
- Experience implementing ecological restoration projects;
- Experience in GIS and geospatial analysis;
- Experience in developing and completing scholarly research projects.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter to Megan Lulow (firstname.lastname@example.org) and upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to the following on-line recruitment URL: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04754
Apply for FIELD RESEARCH AND LAND MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly