Business Development Officer (Voluntary Position)
Working directly with the Country Manager, you will support in developing and executing the local strategy. You will build grow and develop new businesses and initiatives through establishing partnerships, developing marketing strategies and implementing its operational flows. All of this is required to be done with high quality and strong foundations, so it is scalable and robust. You will enhance MMF sustainability within a country context, enabling MMF programs to be further supported and to deliver their mission in a more effective way. These initiatives when well established will then be used across the globe to support further programs.
● Degree, or equivalent work experience, in international and business development. MBA is a bonus but not essential
● Proven project manager and initiative-taker
● Demonstrable experience in managing successful client accounts
● Experience in the tourism sector and/or tour operations is a major advantage
● Entrepreneurial and creative spirit, as well a problem solver
● Excellent understanding of implementation, operational processes, monitoring and evaluation
● Practical experience collecting qualitative and quantitative data in developing countries
● Exceptional self-motivation, communication and organisational skills
● Fluency in English. Fluency in Portuguese is preferable but not obligatory
● Applicants must be comfortable in shared living arrangements with basic amenities. Tofo is a friendly tourist town within a remote provincial area.
● Developing and growing local business initiatives and new revenue streams to support the growth
of the organization e.g Donor expeditions, Corporate Social Responsibility, Fundraising events, Corporate Partnerships.
● Engaging with diverse internal and external stakeholders to share learning and advocate for best practice around learning evidence in the sector
● Supporting the Country Manager in developing and executing and monitoring the local strategy.
● Work directly not only with world class scientists but also with local teachers and conservationists
● Be part of building the MMF organization to accomplish our mission more effectively
● Be part of an international environment with carefully selected people
● Travel throughout Mozambique and immerse yourself in the Mozambican culture
● Make a difference!
The project requires you to commit for a minimum amount of 6 months and a trial period will apply. Candidates must also be able to provide their own laptop computers to work on. Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org