Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an Environmental Specialist in our Arlington, VA office. This position will be responsible for assisting Project Managers with biological and permitting work associated with energy (on-shore wind, solar, pipelines, and electric transmission) and related projects. Our successful candidate will have experience with the preparation of environmental permits, documents, and reports including Habitat Conservation Plans, Eagle Conservation Plans, EAs, EISs, state siting board applications, and/or county special use permits.
- Providing technical support for a variety of projects related to natural resources, planning, and energy
- Assisting with environmental impact analysis and feasibility studies
- Permitting of projects with local, state, and federal agencies
- Applying knowledge of natural resource principles through field studies including research, data collection, data analysis, and preparation of environmental documents and reports
- Engaging in public involvement/community outreach efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, or a related discipline
- 3+ years of related experience including biological and permitting work for energy projects; consulting experience and experience with on-shore wind energy preferred
- Familiarity of or experience with NEPA, ESA, BGEPA, MBTA, and other applicable environmental laws/regulations
- Excellent verbal communication, technical writing, computer, and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel to meet business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.