SCSET Field Volunteer – Community Ecology project in Thailand
All positions are unpaid. Housing and food (buffet style) will be provided for volunteers for the duration of their stay at the research station. We will accept applications until all positions are filled.
We are currently looking for 2 field volunteers for May for our amphibian and reptile community ecology study. Our fieldwork is very rewarding but also physically demanding, so be prepared to work long days, starting at 05:30 and likely to continue well into the night.
Please list your earliest available date in your cover letter.
–Build and check amphibian and reptile traps including drift fence arrays.
– Write weekly summaries on captures, including capture distribution maps.,
– Communicate with local villagers in a friendly and non-intrusive manner,
– Conduct night and day visual transects surveys for a mark-recapture study,
– Be able and willing to work long hours in very warm and humid conditions.
– 21 years or older,
– Experience with herpetofaunal or community ecology
– Experience with outdoor work (manual labor),
– Volunteers need to be fit (able to walk more than 10k in a day),
– Respect for biodiversity,
– Health Insurance,
– Commitment of 6 months or more,
– MUST be able to provide your own plane ticket to Thailand.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Matthew Crane, email@example.com