Private Lands Restoration Program Manager
Summary of Position:
The Private Lands Restoration Program Manager (Program Manager) is responsible for delivering habitat restoration projects in support of Minnesota Land Trust’s activities in select program areas. The Land Trust has begun to expand delivery of habitat restoration and management to private landowners who have protected their property with a conservation easement. The Program Manager will supervise projects and collaborate with land protection staff and partners to deliver on-the-ground results. The Program Manager will also be expected to develop new opportunities. The Program Manager works directly with the Land Trust’s conservation partners including, local units of government, tribal natural resource managers, state and federal agencies and the Land Trust’s Director of Restoration Programs to develop and complete projects.
The Program Manager reports to the Director of Restoration Programs and may supervise volunteers, or temporary staff. The Program Manager will work closely with Land Protection Program Area Managers to coordinate land protection and restoration activities in specific areas of the State. Duties include development and administration of contracts and other agreements and coordination among a wide variety of contractors, consultants, agency partners and private landowners.
- Lead Land Trust projects to deliver prairie, forest and aquatic habitat restoration and management projects in the Land Trust’s priority Program Areas.
- Coordinate with the Land Trust’s partners and landowners to assess, plan and complete habitat restoration projects.
- Prepare grant proposals and award agreements, develop and manage contracts and sub-awards to complete natural resource assessment, and restoration projects.
- Conduct ecological monitoring, project documentation and prepare and submit reports.
- Assist the Director of Restoration Programs to develop additional partnerships and other project opportunities.
- Maintain records (electronic and paper files) for grant reporting and audit requirements.
- Manage development of Habitat Management Plans for selected properties.
- Provide technical review of landowner submitted habitat management approval requests.
- Other duties as determined.
- A Master’s degree and at least three years of experience in conservation science, restoration ecology, or related science/conservation field, or a similar combination of education and experience.
- Experience with prairie, oak woodlands, or riparian forest plant species and ecology.
- Familiarity with habitat restoration and management planning approaches and methods.
- Proficiency in field methods and plant identification including MDNR Native Plant Community Guides.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of perspectives, both individually and in group settings.
- Well organized and self-directed.
- Proficiency with PCs, web-based information and data gathering, Windows, and Microsoft Office, GPS data collection and ArcGIS.
- Physical requirements: ability to walk up to 3-5 mile outdoors and repeatedly lift 40 pounds.
Send cover letter and resume in one single PDF document to Sue Martinez at email@example.com by August 26, 2018.
Apply for Private Lands Restoration Program Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly