6 days left
- Salary Type
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking on-call Field Biologists in the western United States (primarily Colorado), with potential project support in other parts of the country. These positions are primarily to support our renewable energy and permitting practice during the 2018 field season for approximately three to six months. Our successful candidate will have experience with field ecology survey methods, including jurisdictional wetland delineations.
- General and species-specific habitat assessments
- Floristic surveys
- Protocol-level Special Status Species surveys
- Wetland delineations
- Data processing and review
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, or closely related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant experience including leading wetland delineations; Professional Wetland Scientist certification a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of the USACE Wetland Delineation Manual and Regional Supplements
- Experience with plant and habitat surveys and /or vegetation characterizations;
- Strong botanical, or wildlife species identification, skills preferred
- Experience with avian, bat, and/or Special Status Species surveys is an asset
- Experience with tablet-based field data collection and Trimble GPS units
- Preference for individuals with CPR/First Aid Training
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Willingness to support a teamwork approach
- Ability to travel to project site(s), walk for several miles, work in extreme temperatures, rough terrain and work independently in remote areas
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.