Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a Junior Biologist in our Chicago, IL office. This position will perform environmental studies including avian surveys, wetland delineations, and habitat assessments, and assist Project Managers with permitting work associated with energy (on-shore wind, solar, pipelines, and electric transmission) and related projects. Our successful candidate will have experience conducting biological field surveys with strong bird identification skills and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Providing technical support for a variety of projects related to natural resources, planning, and energy
- Performing raptor and songbird surveys using a range of bird sampling techniques including visual /auditory identification
- Performing plant, habitat and threatened and endangered species surveys
- Permitting of projects with local, state, and federal agencies
- Applying knowledge of natural resource principles through field studies including research, data collection, data analysis, and preparation of environmental documents and reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, or a closely related discipline
- 1-3 years of related biological field experience including wetland delineations, plant and habitat surveys, and vegetation characterizations
- Experience with raptor surveys, eagle surveys, point count surveys or other migratory surveys
- Environmental consulting, permitting, and experience with wind energy projects preferred
- Familiarity of or experience with NEPA, ESA, BGEPA, MBTA, and other applicable environmental laws/regulations
- Excellent verbal communication, technical writing, computer, and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel to meet business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E&E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.