Executive Director - Coos Watershed Association
The Coos Watershed Association is looking for an Executive Director who will promote the primary mission of the
Association's commitment to habitat and working lands conservation and serve as a persuasive fundraiser and public speaker on behalf of the association. The Executive Director will oversee the day-to-day operations, programs, and activities including all administrative aspects relating to the Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers.
• Requirements for this position include previous work experience in applicable sciences, ecological systems,
and subjects pertaining to habitat conservation or restoration of watershed, wetlands or habitats adjacent to water sources.
• Must have familiarity with habitat conservation, knowledge of methods for watershed restoration, promotion and
implementation of cooperative relationships with landowners.
• Must have familiarity with conservation laws including local, state and federal regulations and laws, habitat programs, along with state and federal funding mechanisms.
• Previous experience in managing the daily operations and staff of a non-profit organization including financial management preferred.
• Prior experience working effectively with a board of directors, staff, volunteers and collaborating entities including managing daily operations and financial management of an organization.
• Prior experience in fundraising, outreach, and marketing for land trusts and businesses preferred.
• Previous experience creating and implementing public education and community outreach efforts a plus.
• Must have valid driver's license, insurable driving record.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5:00 pm - April 13, 2018 / SUBMIT APPLICATION PACKAGE to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Current resume
• Cover Letter-Questionnaire (see questions below).
• Submit 3-work related references with contact information.
• EARLY SUBMISSION of Application Package highly encouraged.
COVER LETTER CONTENT - Questionnaire
To ensure all applicants have the opportunity to address a common set of questions, applications should include written
responses to the following as part of the cover letter.
• Describe why you would like to be the Executive Director of the Coos Watershed Association.
• What do you consider to be your primary qualifications/strengths for this position?
• Describe a situation that best demonstrates your ability to lead an organization, program, or project.
• Describe a large complex issue that required you to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders in order to
address the issue and bring about consensus.
• Describe some of your most recent successes and challenges in fundraising for a group or organization to which you
belong or are affiliated.
CANDIDATE INTERVIEW PROCESS
• Initial Screening Interview: Qualified candidates will be contacted for initial screening interview by a Cardinal Services
• Selected Candidates: Those candidates selected to go forward in the hiring process will be interviewed by Skype the week
of May 7-11, 2018.
• Final Interviews: Week of May 21-25, 2018 in person in Coos Bay, Oregon.
Apply for Executive Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly