Redhorse Corporation has an immediate need for a Lead Biologist will work on-site at the customer's facility at Edwards AFB, CA to perform services in support of natural resource management and in compliance with the Sikes Act, Endangered Species Act (ESA); other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations; and related DoD and AF directives (including AFI 32-7064).
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in biology, botany, ecology or other biological science undergraduate degree and 10+ years of relevant experience OR Master of Science (MS) in a biological science field and 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Must have work history leading and conducting biological fieldwork and natural resources management.
- Must have experience managing teams and working directly with the client.
- Must have DoD experience.
- Experience working in the Mojave Desert ecosystem and the ability to work long days in a wide range of weather conditions.
- Plant and plant community identification skills for species common to the Mojave Desert or experience in plant identification in other desert ecosystems with an aptitude for collecting habitat quality assessment data and determining habitat trends and changes in species distribution and population.
- Experience with both chemical and non-chemical pest management planning activities.
- Section 10(A)(1)(a) permitted biologist authorized to handle the desert tortoise with a clear understanding of USFWS protocol and familiarity with the Desert Tortoise Recovery Plan.
- Experience utilizing camera traps to monitor small mammals, specifically the Mohave ground squirrel.
- Experience mending fence breaches.
- A working knowledge of standard office computer software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Knowledge and experience with mapping software (ArcGIS).
- Experience navigating and collecting data using GPS technology.
- Upon hiring the applicant must be able to pass a federal background check required prior to gaining access to unclassified government computer workstations.
Pre-employment background investigation in order to receive a Common Access Card (CAC)
Interested candidates should apply directly to: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1734541
Redhorse Corporation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Apply for Lead Biologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly