On-call Wildlife Biologist
Olofson Environmental, Inc.
On-Call Wildlife Biologist, Endangered Species Surveys
Duration: January 8 - April 15
Application deadline: December 15, 2017
Olofson Environmental, Inc. is looking for motivated individuals to assist with part-time, on-call wildlife surveys on a military base in Concord, California. The focal species for the surveys is the federally endangered Ridgway’s rail, with surveys conducted at sunrise and sunset. Previous monitoring and surveying experience are preferred, experience surveying endangered bird species a plus. Preference given to those with experience conducting avian audio/call count surveys and those familiar with San Francisco Bay tidal marsh birds.
Survey season is from January 15 – April 15. Hours will range from 0 – 20 hours/week depending on weather and access to military base. Weekend work possible. Maximum of 80 hours total for the season. All training for job requirements will be provided before start of season.
As the job site is on a military base, Federal Law states applicants MUST be a U.S. citizen with proof of passport. Must be able to pass background check for military clearance. Must have reliable transportation either to OEI office located in Oakland or to site in Concord. PUNCTUALITY is essential for this position, as access to the military base is only granted to the surveying group.
• Bachelor's degree in wildlife biology, ecology, environmental studies, or related field
• Must be a U.S. citizen with proof of passport
• Ability to work outside for extended periods, subject to natural elements
• Must be willing to work pre-sunrise and post-sunset
• Must provide own pair of binoculars
• Valid driver's license and good driving record
• Reliable transportation
• Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of audio recognition of bird calls after one week of training
Please send resume and a description of relevant work experience to email@example.com by December 15