Manager, European Union Grants and Contracts Compliance
Position Title: Manager, European Union Grants and Contracts Compliance
Reports to: Assistant Director of Compliance, Global Program Development
Title and salary commensurate with experience
WCS is recruiting for the position of Manager, European Union Grants and Contracts Compliance. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance under the EU-funded Sustainable Wildlife Management (SWM) program, developing a compliance system for EU grants and contracts, and working with proposal, agreement negotiation and implementation teams, and the WCS Brussels office, to understand and adhere to EU compliance requirements.
This full-time position is based at WCS headquarters at the Bronx Zoo in New York City, with travel to Brussels and other international locations.
Ensure that WCS EU grant and contract proposals and project implementation, with primary focus on the SWM program, adhere to EU rules and regulations and WCS policy, minimizing institutional risk while ensuring that program, finance, HR, legal and procurement staff have the knowledge and capacity to manage all requirements.
- Work closely with the SWM Program Director, and relevant NY-based and country program technical and financial management colleagues, to ensure that financial, procurement, HR and other EU regulations are fully implemented for the SWM Program;
- Develop guidance on EU funding mechanisms, and rules and regulations associated with each, working with the Global Finance Unit, Office of the General Counsel, Human Resources and the Procurement Unit;
- Provide guidance on EU budgeting rules, in particular application of direct and indirect costs;
- Develop templates and training materials, as needed, to maximize efficiency;
- Support development of all EU grant and contract proposals, including budget review to ensure compliance with both EU and WCS policy;
- Guide contract/agreement negotiations when needed;
- Coordinate project implementation planning processes to ensure that requirements and roles/responsibilities are clearly articulated, and that programs are positioned to adhere to HR, procurement, finance and other rules;
- Respond to requests for assistance, information, and interpretation on a broad range of EU compliance-related topics;
- Track changes to EU regulations and ensure that they are reflected in EU guidance, training and templates;
- Support and contribute to the overall WCS compliance system, including inclusion of all relevant EU information.
- At least three years of experience managing EU compliance in an international not-for-profit organization or equivalent;
- Understanding of EU rules and regulations
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with proven communication (written and oral) and negotiating skills;
- Capable of building and managing participatory processes;
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills;
- Ability to work with a variety of cultures and personalities;
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Fluency in spoken and written English; French highly desirable.
Interested candidates must apply online via the WCS career portal by searching job title at: http://www.wcs.org/about-us/careers. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Candidates should also e-mail a cover letter and CV to Pamela Watim(firstname.lastname@example.org) This position is to be filled as soon as possible; and applications will be reviewed as they are received.