Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an Environmental Scientist in our Houston, TX office. This position will be responsible for supporting environmental fieldwork and biological studies. Our successful candidate will have experience with vegetation and wildlife surveys and have strong technical writing skills.
- Fieldwork and biological studies including wetland delineations, wildlife, vegetation, bat, bird, and habitat and threatened and endangered species surveys
- Conduct research and prepare written summaries of research results
- Data analysis, interpretation, and report writing
- Technical support for a variety of projects related to environmental permitting, environmental impact statements, water and natural resource evaluations, and contaminated site evaluation/remediation
- Permitting of infrastructure development projects with local, state, and federal agencies
- Monitoring restoration and construction projects in biologically sensitive areas
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Biology, Geology, or a related discipline; Master’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years of related experience; NEPA and consulting experience is a plus
- Experience with or knowledge of vegetation surveys, wildlife surveys (bird or bat surveys a plus), special status species surveys, wetland delineations, and soil and/or water sampling
- Ability to conduct fieldwork and carry up to 50 lbs. of field gear in challenging conditions including extreme weather conditions throughout the U.S.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel for fieldwork up to 50% of the time
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office
- Strong interpersonal communication, organizational, analytical, and technical writing and research skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.