Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an Avian Biologist for our office in Kansas City. This position will be responsible for performing bird and biological surveys and monitoring a variety of projects. Our successful candidate will have experience conducting avian surveys with strong bird identification skills.
- Performing bird surveys using a range of bird sampling techniques including visual/ auditory identification
- Performing plant, habitat and threatened and endangered species surveys
- Performing wetland delineations
- Permitting of infrastructure development projects with local, state, and federal agencies
- Ensuring compliance with USFWS, USACE and state equivalent agency requirements
- Monitoring restoration and construction projects in biologically sensitive areas
- Preparing Bird and Bat Conservation Strategy and Avian Risk Assessment Reports
- Participating in consultations with state and federal environmental agencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, or related discipline
- 1-3 years’ of experience conducting avian surveys
- Strong visual/auditory bird identification skills (must be able to identify birds by their call/songs)
- Experience with Prairie Chickens and Whooping Cranes preferred
- Ability to travel and perform field work
- Excellent writing skills, including demonstrated ability to write technical reports
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a team setting as well as a self-starting individual
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.