SWCA's Pasadena Natural Resources group is actively seeking a Biologist with a background in natural resources to join our Pasadena, California office. The selected individuals will have experience preparing biological report writing and desktop resource assessment analysis.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is an employee-owned company of environmental professionals who specialize in natural and cultural resource management, environmental planning, and regulatory compliance. This is a regular, full-time, hourly position. SWCA offers highly competitive pay rates based on individual qualifications and experience.
Our Pasadena office offers a unique work environment and specializes in Natural Resources, Cultural Resources, and Permitting. In this role you will conduct biological reviews and prepare biological resource technical reports. The position will require technical report writing would and require field based work.
- Complete biological desktop resource assessment analyses and web-based database queries
- Prepare biological technical reports using standard templates
- Conducting risk assessments and determining appropriate environmental avoidance and minimization measures to ensure compliance with state, federal, local and internal regulations
- Conduct assigned tasks in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Communicate effectively with SWCA project managers, other technical team members, construction crews, and other environmental specialists to complete the field/office work and reporting requirements
- Attend project/program update and calibration meetings
- Provide updates to Project Managers on progress, status, and estimated delivery of project deliverables
- Track and monitor Project milestones, deliverables, and due dates in project databases or similar applications
- Conduct fieldwork including environmental inspections, wildlife and vegetation baseline studies, and nesting bird surveys
- Adhere to SWCA's safety procedures and standards of scientific and professional ethics
- B.S. in biology, zoology, environmental studies, or a related subject area required; M.S. is a plus
- At least one year of professional experience in a related field; familiarity with large scale and/or maintenance activities of public utility services a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication, time management and organizational skills
- Technical writing proficiency with a record of completing technical reports in a timely fashion.
- Working knowledge of Southern California natural resources including special-status wildlife and plant species; familiarity with CNDDB (California Natural Diversity Database), and WRC MSHCP (Western Riverside County Multi-Species Habitat Conservation Plan) is a plus.
- Familiarity of with California environmental regulations; experience reviewing environmental documents and permits a plus
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment while working on interesting and challenging projects with tight schedule
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in MS-Office, MS-Outlook, and Internet/Intranet technologies; ArcGIS and GoogleEarth familiarity a plus
- Able to work independently and collaborate with a variety of colleagues and clients
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/h7b8nyyqwxnjvbtj