Heart of the Rockies Initiative is looking for a visionary leader to take us into the next decade. We are a partnership of local, regional and national land trusts who work along the Rocky Mountain corridor from the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem in Wyoming to the protected open lands of the Bow River and Upper Columbia in Alberta and British Columbia. The Mission of the Heart of the Rockies Initiative is to increase the pace and durable impact of conservation for both the continentally irreplaceable landscapes of the region and community values that are prized locally.
The Executive Director provides leadership and staff supervision to support achievement of the our vision, goals and strategies. Key responsibilities include foundation and major donor fundraising, coordinating and maintaining the Heart of the Rockies land trust membership and the Initiative’s many partnerships, developing and implementing a collaborative fundraising strategy for capital funding, increasing public funding in the region, science-based conservation planning, and building the collective and individual organizational capacity of HOTR land trusts. Additionally, the Executive Director is a champion for collaborative, community-based conservation at landscape scale, and as such works with many partners to advance large landscape conservation.
Core competencies for success as the Executive Director
- As a visionary who understands the Heart of the Rockies culture and can inspire and motivate the partnership to imagine its possibilities and track its effectiveness
- As a change agent who can embrace a changing environment and lead organizational evolution to respond to new conditions
- As a relationship builder with the solid interpersonal skills needed to grow partnerships and help members, staff and partners build productive relationships with all kinds of people and interests
- As an astute interpreter of the social and political environment who can engage with people with diverse perspectives
- As a community creator who can engage with external stakeholders and build partnerships and collaborations
- As a resource manager who can ensure sound financial management and build team-based fundraising
For a complete description of essential functions and desired qualifications, please go to https://www.heart-of-rockies.org. The position is open until filled. We are evaluating candidates as we proceed. Applications will continue to be accepted until an offer of employment has been made and accepted.