Environmental Inspector/Biological Monitor: San Diego County, California
About Insignia Environmental
Insignia Environmental (Insignia) is a growing environmental consulting company focused on the needs of energy and infrastructure clients. Our staff has a foundation in engineering, science, and real-world construction experience that translates into environmental documents and programs that represent the best in class for our clients and the environment. Insignia holds performance and responsiveness paramount while working with clients to meet their environmental needs, often on expedited timelines. We pride ourselves on knowing the latest environmental regulations, understanding the goals of our clients and regulatory agencies, and producing high-quality deliverables.
Why Join Us?
At Insignia, we work hard and take pride in the reputation of excellence that we have earned in our industry. The diversity of our projects ensures that employees are appropriately challenged and learning new things. We are looking for employees that strive to be the best in their field and enjoy sharing knowledge and gaining it from others in an interactive environment.
Insignia is looking to fill an immediate opening for an Environmental Inspector/Biological Monitor, who will embody Insignia’s vision to be our clients’ most trusted partner, always delivering excellence with integrity. This position is full time and can require working up to 12 hours per day, 5 to 6 days per week for 6 months or more.
- Conduct surveys for special-status species.
- Collect Global Positioning System data.
- Inspect construction activities for compliance with environmental mitigation measures.
- Coordinate with construction contractors, project managers, and resource specialists.
- Prepare daily reports.
- Deliver crew-level environmental trainings.
- Monitor for sensitive species.
- Facilitate conflict resolution.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in biology, ecology, botany, or a related science.
- Two years or more of experience in biological monitoring in Southern California.
- Demonstrated experience with sensitive species in Southern California and experience with sensitive species in San Diego County strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as confidence in dealing with clients, regulators, and team members.
- Team-oriented and self-motivated.
- Rigorously detail-oriented and committed to accuracy.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Willingness and ability to travel when needed.
- Willingness and ability to work fluctuating and/or long hours as necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- While prioritizing health and safety, this position requires an individual who is able to walk and hike through varying degrees of difficult terrain. Individuals may also be required to perform their job responsibilities in inclement weather conditions.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume with a brief cover letter or cover email, including compensation history and requirements. Please include the word “resume” and “Environmental Inspector/Biological Monitor” in the subject line of your email. We request that applicants refrain from calling our office directly regarding this position.
Insignia may request, for lawful employment purposes, background information about candidates from a consumer reporting agency in connection with employment.
Insignia is an equal opportunity employer. Insignia does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, mental or physical disability, genetic predisposition or characteristics, or any other characteristics protected by applicable state or federal civil rights law.
Apply for Environmental Inspector/Biological Monitor: San Diego County, California
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly