Senior Environmental Specialist - Licensing & Permitting
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today.
Position Specific Description
At NextEra Energy, we are taking our Senior Environmental Specialist to the next level. These talented employees are the drivers of excellent. This position is in the Environmental Licensing & Permitting Section of the Corporate Environmental Services Department supporting new development opportunities for Florida Power and Light Company. The position is located at the company’s Juno Beach, Florida corporate office. Primary job duties include siting review; conducting environmental due diligence; developing permitting strategies, schedules and budgets; and obtaining required environmental permits and approvals for renewable energy projects in Florida.
Prior project management and relevant Florida environmental permitting experience is required, with proven ability to lead complex projects with limited direction. Must have ability to support multiple projects with multifaceted environmental and regulatory issues. The position requires strong, effective communications and negotiating skills with internal and external stakeholders and regulatory agencies.
Primary (Essential) Job Functions: (List is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary)
- Review sites to identify development constraints, environmental permitting requirements, and permitting and mitigation costs
- Obtain required federal, state and local environmental licenses, permits and approvals for the development of renewable energy projects in Florida
- Support multiple projects with multifaceted environmental and regulatory issues and assist in comprehensive environmental due diligence reviews for potential acquisitions
- Interface with internal and external customers, subject matter experts, and other stakeholders, and be able to assist in resolving complex environmental matters
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental regulations, as well as company policies
- Provide specialized environmental permitting expertise and environmental technical support
- Develop and manage project budgets and schedules as well as vendor contracts, purchase orders, and invoices
- Manage and oversee environmental field studies and consultants
- Develop relationships with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies
- Translate regulations and permit conditions into actionable construction compliance tasks
- Ability to work extended hours and occasional in-state travel.
Apply today and make a difference!
Employees in this job are responsible for providing expert environmental support for new and existing facilities including due diligence, permitting, regulatory compliance, regulatory interpretation and development, and interface with Federal, State, and Regional agencies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Supports the company's compliance with environmental requirements
• Performs comprehensive environmental due diligence reviews
• Assists with facility compliance audits
• Conducts environmental licensing and permitting activities
• Supports environmental aspects of company operations, such as, compliance, reporting, monitoring, remediation, and environmental permitting functions
• Monitors and analyzes environmental policies and regulations that affect the company and its customers
• Provides the necessary support to staff to resolve environmental matters
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience: 5+ years