7 days left
- Salary Type
EPG is seeking an experienced wildlife biologist for our Salt Lake City office to join our growing Biological Resources team.
Qualifications and skills required
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills Experience conducting fieldwork and biological analyses Familiarity with flora and fauna of the Intermountain West Ability to hike up to 10 miles per day in variable terrain and weather Basic office skills, such as Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel Ability to work productively in a team environment while also working effectively independently Ability to multitask and effectively manage time Flexibility with shifting priorities
Additional preferable skills include
- Specialization in ornithology or wetlands Experience fulfilling the requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act, the Endangered Species Act, the National Forest Management Act, and other applicable regulations Experience supporting actions proposed on state, Bureau of Land Management, or US Forest Service-administered lands Experience in Clean Water Act Section 404/401 permitting
Education and experience required
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in the life sciences with an emphasis on applied science (e.g., wildlife biology, aquatic biology, fisheries biology, conservation biology, ecology, range science, or watershed science) 2–8 years of experience in environmental analysis and studies
Job responsibilities include assisting with the following
- Conducting field surveys for federally listed, state listed, and sensitive wildlife species and wetland delineations Preparation of National Environmental Policy Act documents (Environmental Impact Statements and Environmental Assessments) Endangered Species Act Section 7 consultation, including preparation of Biological Assessments and Biological Evaluations Clean Water Act Section 404/401 document and permit application preparation Mitigation and restoration plan preparation for special-status species and wetlands Interaction with state and federal agencies, mentoring junior staff, and leading field crews
- This is a full-time, salaried position.
The fieldwork schedule will vary depending on the job. Lodging and per diem will be provided depending on distance and job requirements.
Apply for Wildlife Biologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly